Sunday, May 23, 2010

Empowered


Yesterday i added 5 new books to my bookshelves;i can't express the deep joy i ' ve experienced with reading books in recent months;in these 2 months i added 8 books overall;
April :
1-The Inverted Forest ; J D Salinger

2-Blue Melody ; J D Salinger

3-The Will To Power ; F W Nietzsche
-------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday :
4-Cat's Cradle ; Kurt Vonnegut

5-L'homme Problematique ; Gabriel Marcel

6-A Perfect Night To Go To China ; David Gilmour

7-The Art Of Always Being Right ; Arthur Schopenhauer

8-The Time Of The Hero ; Mario Vargas Liosa


i'm currently reading Consolations Of Philosophy by Alain De Botton translated by Erfan Saabeti (which is an exceptional work) and A Happy Death by Albert Camus translated by Ehsan Lame'a ;
I'm also busy with the heavy philosophy of Hegel : 'Le Malheur De La Conscience Dans La Philosophie De Hegel' (written by Jean Wahl translated by Bagher Parham)

2 comments:

  1. coincidentally, I added Cat's Cradle to my syllabus this semester :D one of my favorite Vonnegut novels... now I'm curious about other works by Salinger (except his classic)... yet tomorrow I'm going to buy Kafka's Metamorphosis... for some reason I'm craving for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd heard alot about Cat's Cradle but i didn't find this chance to find the book
    Hopefully i have the plan to read it next month.
    Unfortunately i've just read "A Man Without A Country " and "Galapagos " by Vonnegut;and honestly i found his writing style and concept of Galapagos terrific .I love his world and scientific attitude in modern literature.
    So i can't wait for Cat's Cradle !

    ReplyDelete