Saturday, May 7, 2011

She's Everything To Me







She never stopped believing,
Even though I gave her reason.
She weathered out the lonliness and cold.
The years have not been easy,
All those winter nights, those breezy
Drafty, rainy times that make a man feel old.

She smiles when a smile can still my heart.
Her kisses lift me as a man apart
From the man I am,
And I'm free again.
And she's everything...
She's everything to me.

She's never stopped her trying,
Though I'd hear her softly crying,
Asking God, in her own way,
For strength to last another day.
She's taken everything I am
And has made me a much
Better man.

And in all my wonder, I confess,
This love my Lady does possess,
Makes me smile,
And every once in a while
All I see
Is her being free.
Yet she's still here loving me. 


Poem : Richard D. Remler
Image : 
Ferdinand Victor Eugène Delacroix 
 ("Head of a Woman"1822 :This haunting oil study of an old woman in despair, prepared for the Massacre at Chios, was taken from a Parisian model.)

No comments:

Post a Comment