Friday, October 1, 2010

My Turn To Philosophy


It's so important to make a sentimental flashback to my educational and scholar outfits since 2000.Extracurricular studies have always been a major interest for me.definitely it started before high school period but jelled up in history and philosophy of art in 1998-1999.I can clearly remember joyful experience of reading lives of Modigliani and Georgio de Cherico.During 2000-2001 all positive aspect faded as a futile activity.The sole study was related to Old Religious Left leader in iran Dr Ali Shariati.The text a collection of ideas about Dr Shariati's life .The most inspirational section was published letters between Shariati and Allameh Shikh Mohammad Taghi Shoushtari,where Shariati asked about interpretation of a prayer.This open hermeneutical approach to a solid text had a tremendous impact.Frustration and Burn out claws extended to my routine activities and lead to a big lenghty pause in my academic and extracurricular pace.The second movement was lead by Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling" which i read in March 2006,word by word by my heart.The huge impact of danish philosopher was highly related to synchronized events in my personal life.The soothing enlightment of philosophy warmed the heart in those disappointing period. It's definite that depth i found in pure philosophy text was an essential factor which attracted me .Now i was back to an obsessive extracurricular study timeouts.It apparently harmed my marks and grades in universty,but i really couldn't stop myself . I felt i needed to establish a systematic thinking,i needed an ideologic backbone to lean on in my hard days,to conjure up harmony in my scattered activities.I knew it will cost me a spine-chilling lengthy era but it was an inevitable step forward.
Now Philosophy is the most interesting subject for my spare time .I attend a more peaceful period in terms of organizing my mind.I discuss better,deduce better and most importantly i've opened guard toward new words and idea which is the most valuable achievement . I receive people and ideas better. 
My third wave of my studies has been  mainly focused on ideas  Arthur Schopenhauer . I also have exciting plan to re-read Dostoyevsky's early works in my spare times.Dostoyevski has had a profound influence on my ordeal type moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment